05 May “Lessons Identified on Ventilation techniques from the Pre-hospital to the ICU in COVID-19 management”
On Tuesday 28th April 2020, the NO-FEAR project hosted a webinar on “Lessons Identified on Ventilation techniques from the Pre-hospital to the ICU in COVID-19 management”. The webinar, featuring presentations by the NO-FEAR practitioner partners and invited guests, focused on the lessons identified in different countries on ventilation and the protection of Health Care providers while treating patients. Over 70 participants from across Europe attended the webinar and had the opportunity to hear from:
- Anna Joval, Senior Adviser in the ambulance and crisis management initiative at NO-FEAR partner the Norwegian Red Cross, introduced the webinar and the NO-FEAR project
- Catherine Bertrand, MD, specialist in Anesthesia and Intensive Care from NO-FEAR partner AP-HP, France, discussing non-invasive ventilation (NIV) methods and the importance of health care workers protection. BOUSSIGNAC CPAP was highlighted as a model of NIV
- Francesco Della Corte, MD, Full Professor in Anesthesia at the Università del Piemonte Orientale, Italy and NO-FEAR coordinator, who discussed the in-hospital experience and managing the emergency surge
- Roberta Petrino, MD, Director of the Emergency Department of Vercelli Hospital, Italy, Past President of EUSEM and member of the NO-FEAR Advisory Board, discussing non-invasive medication methods in the emergency departments
- Itamar Laist, emergency medical practitioner from NO-FEAR partner Magen David Adom (MDA), discussing airway management and ventilation
- Alberto Hernandez Tejedor, MD, PhD Emergency Physician at NO-FEAR partner SAMUR-Civil Protection, discussing the similarities between COVID-19 and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
The NO-FEAR project boasts a dedicated library of COVID-19 resources available on the NO-FEAR portal. To access a recording of this webinar, along with many others, log in to the NO-FEAR portal, or sign up here if you are not yet registered.
NO-FEAR is a 5-year project that brings together a network of emergency medical care practitioners, suppliers, decision and policy makers to collaborate and exchange knowledge, good practices, and lessons learned in disaster and crisis management. Our networks work together to develop a common understanding and to enhance the response to security-related incidents. The NO-FEAR project seeks to harness the rich experience of our members and leverage our network to improve the exchange of good practices and information in Europe and beyond. To join one of the NO-FEAR networks and become part of our community, sign up to our portal: http://www.no-fearproject-portal.eu.