Emergency medical care in the EU is a fragmented chain including population, emergency medical services, volunteers, hospitals and cooperation with fire services, police and authorities. It needs to prepare to respond to new threats and assist casualties after security incidents. In response to this challenge, NO-FEAR proposes to bring together a pan-European network of practitioners, decision and policy makers in the medical and security fields. They will collaborate to achieve a common understanding of needs, as well as – in collaboration with academia and industries – increase the EU innovation potential that could better fill the operational gaps and recommend areas for future innovations.
The main objectives of NO-FEAR are to:
– create a long-lasting community of practitioners, interacting with a network of suppliers and academia,
– elaborate an innovation roadmap, with practical recommendations for uptake,
– advise relevant Research and Innovation projects,
– support market uptake of EU research results,
– issue policy and regulatory recommendations enabling collective procurement,
– indicate priorities for standardisation,
– support quick wins and practical short-term results, and
– implement a transactional dynamic portal providing fora, a catalogue, market place and flexibility to address new threats.