28 Feb NO-FEAR partner MDA release video of simulation exercise
NO-FEAR is a 5-year project that brings together a network of emergency medical care practitioners, suppliers, decision and policy makers to collaborate and exchange knowledge, good practices, and lessons learned. Members of the network work together and collaborate to develop a common understanding of the innovation potential and to enhance the response to security-related incidents.
Last month, the NO-FEAR consortium joined representatives from over 30 countries at the 6th Annual IPRED conference in Tel-Aviv, Israel to share information on the project, its activities and lessons learnt. In a conference session dedicated to the NO-FEAR project, project partners presented on a wide variety of topics including (but not limited to):
- lessons learned on scene management is security related incidents
- Foresight exercise as a tool for decision making in a European network of medical first responders
- Evolution on the preparedness and response to security related incidents- the experience of SAMUR Madrid
- Scene management in security related incidents
- Technologies for the care of the victim and handover to the hospital
- Stop The Bleed Campaign: the Italian experience by SICUT
- Education and training in NO-FEAR
Following the IPRED conference, NO-FEAR held its project workshop on hospital preparedness, hosted by MDA. during the workshop, several experts presented and discussed with the project members about hospital preparedness for emergencies, security and safety, information and communication with the public, and cyber security.
On the final day on the workshop, NO-FEAR partner MDA organised a simulation multi casualty incident exercise at Meir medical centre in Kefar Sava, during which the ambulances, EMTs, paramedics, emergency department and hospital medical personnel worked together to treat a simulated bus accident victims. The simulation exercise was organised to demonstrate the procedures used by Israeli hospitals responding to mass casualty incidents. A video of the simulation exercise is available here.
For further information on the NO-FEAR project, please visit: https://no-fearproject.eu. To join one of the NO-FEAR networks and become part of our community, sign up to our portal: http://www.no-fearproject-portal.eu