18 Mar NO-FEAR WEBINAR: THE RESPONSE TO COVID-19: A COMPARISON OF EXPERIENCES IN EUROPE
On Monday 9th March 2020 NO-FEAR partners hosted a webinar discussing the response to the COVID-19 outbreak across four different countries – Italy, Spain, Israel and France. Approximately 500 participants from across the world had the opportunity to listen to the NO-FEAR partners discuss differences in diagnosis, treatment, acute patient care and emergency response based on the experience of the practitioners involved first-hand in the crisis management and response planning.
The webinar featured presentations from our practitioner partners, including:
- Dr Luca Ragazzoni, scientific coordinator of CRIMEDIM – Research Center in Emergency and Disaster Medicine, presented the response in Italy
- Drs Catherine Bertrand and Eric Lecarpentier, Assistance Publique – Hôpitaux de Paris presented the response in their hospital in France
- Dr Bertho Killian, Pompiers de Paris – Paris Fire Brigade, presented the response of the EMS services in France
- Paloma Miravet González, presented the current state and plans of SAMUR- Madrid’s Civil Protection Service
- Dr Jorge Morales, Barcelona EMS, presented the current situation and plans of the EMS services
- Chaim Rafalowski, Disaster Management and EU Projects Coordinator at Magen David Adom, presented the EMS response in Israel
Presenters discussed the impact of COVID-19 on hospitals and emergency services, PPE protocol, changes in public attitudes and behaviour, demystifying fake news in the media and government advice regarding restricting travel to limit the spread of disease. NO-FEAR partners were also able to compare lessons learnt by emergency practitioners as each country responded to the needs of its civilians.
To view a recording of the webinar, log in to the NO-FEAR portal, or sign up if you are not yet registered. For further information on the NO-FEAR project, please visit: https://no-fearproject.eu.
NO-FEAR is a 5-year project that brings together a network of emergency medical care practitioners, suppliers, decision and policy makers to collaborate and exchange knowledge, good practices, and lessons learned in disaster and crisis management. Our networks work together to develop a common understanding and to enhance the response to security-related incidents.The NO-FEAR project seeks to harness the rich experience of our members and leverage our network to improve the exchange of good practices and information in Europe and beyond. To join one of the NO-FEAR networks and become part of our community, sign up to our portal: http://www.no-fearproject-portal.eu.