23 Oct NO-FEAR webinar Oct 29: “Pulse oximetry during COVID-19”
NO-FEAR will host a webinar Oct 29, 14:00 (CET) entitled “Pulse oximetry during COVID-19”. The webinar is organized by NO-FEAR Work Package 4 (Acute Care Operations in Security Incidents).
Attendance is free. Registration is available here.
Until recently, pulse oximetry was largely considered an Advanced Life Support (ALS) procedure. During the COVID-19 pandemic, however, it has become a tool of Basic Life Support (BLS) to identify ill but mostly asymptomatic patients who have low oxygen levels but do not appear short of breath. This has also been called ‘silent’ or ‘happy’ hypoxia.
Webinar speakers will discuss their experiences with pulse oximetry during COVID-19, and include first responders and medical equipment suppliers based in France, Italy, Spain, and the USA. Speakers will include:
- Mario Chico, Hugo Fernández Hervás and Judit Gutiérrez Gutiérrez, Intensivists – Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid
- Kilian Bertho, MD – Emergency physician, Paris Fire Brigade
- Chief Mike McEvoy, PhD – EMS Section Chair, International Association of Fire Chiefs
- Dario Gonzalez, MD, FACEP – Medical Director, New York City Emergency Management (NYCEM); Deputy Medical Director, New York City Fire Department (FDNY) Office of Medical Affairs (OMA)
- Dr. Andrea Conti –Medical doctor, CRIMEDIM – Research Center in Emergency and Disaster Medicine, Università del Piemonte Orientale, Novara, Italy
- Prof. Arik Eisenkraft – Chief Medical Officer, BioBeat Technologies Ltd (see more information on BioBeat smart monitoring here)
Other recent webinars hosted by NO-FEAR include Oct 16’s “COVID-19: New Wave, Old Problems?”, a recording of which is available on YouTube.
NO-FEAR is a 5-year project that brings together a network of emergency medical care practitioners, suppliers, decision and policy makers to collaborate and exchange knowledge, good practices, and lessons learned in disaster and crisis management. Our networks work together to develop a common understanding and to enhance the response to security-related incidents. The NO-FEAR project seeks to harness the rich experience of our members and leverage our network to improve the exchange of good practices and information in Europe and beyond.
To join the NO-FEAR supplier or provider networks and become part of our community, sign up to the portal: https://no-fearproject.eu.