30 Nov NO-FEAR webinar: Health care risk communication during COVID-19 (Dec 18)
NO-FEAR WP4 will host a webinar 18 December 15:00 – 17:00 (CET) entitled “Risk communications within the health care sector during COVID-19”.
Efficient communication of risk among health care providers – including staff and volunteers – has been a major challenge of COVID-19 response. This includes properly informing front-line workers of hazards, offering appropriate reassurance, and responding to concerns around rapidly-evolving topics such as new vaccines. The webinar features keynote speakers from the World Health Organization and Israeli Ministry of Health, and will cover the scientific bases of risk communication and the real-life experiences of first responders around the world.
- Dr. Dorit Nitzan, Regional Emergency Director, World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Office for Europe
- Prof. Itamar Groto, Deputy Director General, Israeli Ministry of Health
- Prof. Barbara Juen, University of Innsbruck, will speak on the psychological foundations of risk communications
- Dr. Su Anson, Research Manager, Trilateral Research, will speak on inclusive risk communication
- Palmoa Rey, RN, MSN, Head of Unit of Quality Regulations, SAMUR-Protección Civil, Madrid
- The International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
On 10 Dec, 14:00 -15:30 (CET), NO-FEAR will also host a small group discussion entitled “Lessons observed – Human Resource management during COVID 19”. You may register here.
NO-FEAR is a 5-year project that brings together a network of emergency medical care practitioners, suppliers, decision and policy makers to collaborate and exchange knowledge, good practices, and lessons learned in disaster and crisis management. Our networks work together to develop a common understanding and to enhance the response to security-related incidents. The NO-FEAR project seeks to harness the rich experience of our members and leverage our network to improve the exchange of good practices and information in Europe and beyond.
To join the NO-FEAR supplier or provider networks and become part of our community, sign up to the portal: https://no-fearproject.eu.